Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What a beauty

Is my wife hot or what? And look at that KID! What an adorable baby. Yeah, I'm a lucky guy all right. OK, enough of that. I'm here to comment on some of these photos Debra posted so here goes.

Saturday October 20th it was sunny and 75 degrees outside. We woke up Sunday to this:


It was 34 degrees outside and snowing pretty good. So naturally Clare and I decided we should go outside and play. Before we went though I brought Drew out. He seemed quite interested by the white stuff falling all around and was mesmerized while looking out the window.

Once Clare and I got to the park we made snow angels. Clare's was a bit hard to see but mine turned out great. It's been a good 30 years since I made a snow angel. Apparently it's like riding a bike in that you never forget.


Clare liked throwing snow at me the best. I did my dadly duty and showed her how to pack it so she could get the most velocity out of the snow. She's got a great arm!


Look at those rosy cheeks! Once we got home I suggested a cup of hot chocolate and Clare agreed that it was a good idea.


Here are some more pictures of Drew. There's really not much to say about them but he's a baby and babies are pretty cute. Drew has a happy, mellow disposition too. His sister Clare was a whirling dervish but Drew just cruises with a grin on his face. He reminds me of me actually. My parents actually told me they took me to the doctor when I was Drew's age because they thought I was retarded. No lie! My sister was this loud, rambunctious kid that didn't like to nap or be quiet for that matter, and I was the opposite, so they figured I was mentally disabled. The doctor at the time just laughed. I'm glad my parents figured that out or I would have been riding that small, yellow bus to school.



Drew kind of looks like me, doesn't he? Compare his picture to my baby picture. It's hard to tell us apart, isn't it? I'm wearing the hat.

Seriously though, look at Drew below. This is pretty much his expression all of the time unless he's hungry or pooping. Often he looks like this when he's pooping too though. (I think he looks a bit manic in this shot, almost an evil look! -Debra)
The day before the storm we drove up to Lyons. It's a little town on the way to Rocky Mountain National Park. I had read about a local artist program where they tell a story every year through scultures interspersed through town. This year was the story of "Jack and the Beanstock." It was pretty neat. They had a nice booklet that told the story and a map showing you where everything was.
I forgot what the sculpture shown above was but the one below is the "clocktower." Yeah...I don't remember that part from the story either. But hey, it looked cool.

Here's the giant. I think I liked this the best. There was a very small bench you sat at that was in front of the giant which was painted on a big water drum. It looks like it could be a barrel but this thing was over six feet tall and pretty wide.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I didn't remember the bears either. But it was something to do so get off my back, ok? haha

Here, Drew is looking up thinking, "There aren't any bears in the version you read ME!"

Here Clare and I are hiding in the oven. This actually was in the story. The first time Jack visits the castle the giants wife tells him to hide in the oven when the giant comes home. The front of this really looked like an oven with a small window but we couldn't talk Clare into looking out the little hole for a picture.
Here is a magical cabinet that represented the wizard that traded the magic beans to Jack for his cow. The gumball machine was a nice touch. It was full of beans you could buy if you had a quarter. Clare is holding her "magic beans" for me in the photo.

Well, that's it for now. Tomorrow is Wednesday and the first day of the World Series. For anyone that doesn't know, the Rockies made it for the first time in franchise history and are playing the Red Sox. GO ROCKIES!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger hillary said...

I love the retarded part! That's hilarious! Mellow babies are great, huh? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home