Saturday, September 02, 2006

Camping at Lake Dillon


A couple of weeks ago we went camping with our friends Ian and Ingrid at Lake Dillon. It's a beautiful lake by Frisco an hour and a half west of Denver. We weren't sure where it was since our friends picked it and it turns out it's literally NEXT to the town (Target, Starbucks, Just Tires) and the 70 freeway. So if you're used to being lulled to sleep by the sound of crickets, I wouldn't recommend camping at Lake Dillon since all you can hear are the cars whizzing by on the freeway. But hey, if you're really craving Starbucks, you can just walk there from your camp. A nyway, we got there at about 3:00pm and walked around the lake and admired the view.


Then Debra, Ingrid, Ian I settled in for a couple of games of Perudo. Man...I just can't get enough of this dice game! It involves bluffing and lying about the dice under the cups. I believe Ian lied the best that night.



After Perudo we did the typical camping food of hotdogs, beans and chips. Clare got her first taste of smores and liked them quite a bit. At about 11:00pm we decided we needed to go to sleep. It was then that we realized we had a problem when Clare refused to get in the tent. We managed to coax her into it and I eventually got her to fall asleep on my chest. There was no way I could sleep that way though so I tried to gently ease her off me. Well...she woke up and to make a long story short, we got everything packed up and we pulled into our driveway 2 hours later at 1:30am. If we were SMART, we would have had a practice night in our tent in our backyard. I'm sure in a year or so Clare will think sleeping in a tent is the coolest thing next to cake but for now, it's just too weird for her.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are awsome. Claire is a cutie and Colorado looks like a beautiful place to live. I envy you guys. Im glade everyone is doing good. Sid

 

Post a Comment

<< Home